Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Maverick



If you had to pick a character from Top Gun that best describes yourself, who would it be? For me, the easy answer would be Viper, for obvious reasons. Yep, he and I are both pretty kick-butt. However, if I look really hard at myself, I think I'd end up being Goose. He wants to be the best, but not at the sacrifice of other things that are important to him. He knows when to keep things light, and when it's time to be serious. Sometimes he gets by on someone else's coat tails. He doesn't mind singing badly in front of a large group (You know you're singing it in your head right now. You've Lost that lovin' feeling/now it's gone, gone, gone/whoa oah oah bum, bu dump, bu dump...). The comparison isn't perfect, though. He flies cutting edge fighter jets to their limits, while I sit in a big office moving numbers around. He's good at volleyball, and later goes on to be a doctor in the busiest and most drama-filled emergency room in the country. I'm awful at volleyball, and I will later go on to a bigger office with a window to move more numbers around, with no drama at all. And hopefully I won't smash my head on a jet canopy while trying to eject from a brutal horizontal spin, leaving a grieving Meg Ryan to support our kids by her cute lonesome self. But all in all, I think I'm not a bad Goose. Wish I could say I'm Iceman, but it just isn't there... Darn that Val Kilmer...

These are the things that keep me up at night...

Viper

Goose and Maverick

3 Comments:

  • At 10/05/2005 12:54 AM , Blogger mmm... said...

    How can you put an ad up two minutes after I post? That's just disturbing. And sad. And this has nothing to do with Top Gun. Looks like your targeting control is off, botboy. Top Gun, with Tom Cruise, and the annoying lady character... Remember?

     
  • At 10/19/2005 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isn't there a Mike Metcalf in Top Gun? :P Honestly though, I've never seen the whole entire movie, but I remember seeing part of it in college and someone said the name "Michael Metcalf." Blog ads are weird. That's the second one I've seen... both on blogger accounts. That would make me sad if I got one because I never get comments and just getting an ad would be depressing.

     
  • At 10/23/2005 12:35 AM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Yeah, Viper is Mike Metcalf. hence the fact he'd be the obvious choice :-). I put the verification thingy on so that the blog ads can't post anymore. Should no longer be a problem, but it was depressing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home