Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I don't even know who Anna Polis is...

Here's what Annapolis looks like if you put it on a poster

I went to Annapolis MD yesterday. I'd never been there. It's much closer than I expected. It's a pretty sweet town, with a quaint downtown type area, a poisoned river/bay with really big boats, and a unique local flavor. There's also a naval academy. Actually, THE Naval Academy of the US. Who knew we had one of those... We watched a swim meet in their rad pool ("Go Harvard. Stephen Stinks."). Sean Egg gave us the grand tour of the town , showing us all the buildings that had burned down and all the stair sets that were in skate videos. And we saw an 8-year old play rockin guitar. We also saw David Robinson's Navy Athletics Hall of Fame picture, mixed in with the jumping jack champion, the trophy-holding champion, the naked guy champion, and the gun-carrying champion. Things we did not do included dining at the Ninja Cafe (apparently it wasn't "cute" enough... Women...), stealing the Naval Academy anchor, diving off the 5 meter board, or jumping in the gross water. I'd have posted actual pictures of 'Nappy and our awesome time, but I neglected to take a camera. Oops. Afterward we played hacky sack with a kickball for an hour and then Brad mesmerized with a ball spinning in a bucket. Trust me, it was ... well, I'm not really sure it was, but it certainly was.

I can only guess what the Navy Trophy-holding Hall of Famer could have done with this one. He was a master.

This is what we missed out on by skipping the Ninja Cafe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home