Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Nothing But Nets"

I generally try not to get my sense of social awareness and responsibility from sports magazines, but Rick Reilly had a pretty well-written article in Sports Illustrated about the United Nations Foundation's push for mosquito nets for Africa. Good (and a little hard) read. I have a friend in Africa now for a missions trip, so it stood out a little more.

Rick Reilly Article

UN Foundation Malaria Donation site

2 Comments:

  • At 4/28/2006 10:37 AM , Blogger Renee said...

    Oh, I'm totally stealing this link and passing it on. It's always great to get new people reading about, thinking about, and (I hope) acting against one of the most deadly epidemics in the world. What a great idea to connect a sports magazine to activism. Even when it means an excess of puns.

     
  • At 4/29/2006 10:57 AM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Glad to be of service. I liked the article a bunch, and I definitely feel like I should give. I've used a fishing net before (though not fishnets). Just FYI, it might not be available without a subscription by next week.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home