Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Excuse Excuse

So this morning, I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, and then had to leave to get to church early. I had really wanted to shave, because I've got a bit of a fungus going, but I had set my alarm for too late and didn't have time. My excuse? I set it later than I should have because of Daylight Savings Time. I decided that this excuse should be used in everyday life. Late for work? Sorry, Daylight Savings Time. Forgot to do your taxes? I was gonna, but Daylight Savings Time messed me all up. I forgot your birthday, but it was Daylight Savings Time (you know who you are, so Happy Birthday!). I'm sorry I ran over your cat, but you know, Daylight Savings Time. In court, you'll be able to use the DST defense, and you'd probably be able to get off Scottrick free. Kids would never have to do homework again. "But Miss Howard, it was Daylight Savings Time!" "Well, okay Jimmy, I understand."

Actually, this was a pretty dumb and pointless TOLAS entry. I'm really sorry for inflicting it upon you. But it was Daylight Savings Time, so I'm still a little out of sorts.


From West Wing and Rob
Toby: "What kind of schmuck-ass system is this?"
Josh: "Great! That's PERFECT!....Can we have a civilization?"

Says Rob: They could only be talking about daylight savings time...

I have no pictures to go with this, so here are some random recent ones:













6 Comments:

  • At 4/03/2006 11:13 PM , Blogger jo portnoy said...

    why are all the children in your stories named Jimmy?

     
  • At 4/04/2006 9:21 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Harold used to be my Go-To-Guy, but I guess I've been using Jimmy some. Bonnie and Suzie are my Go-To-Girls. No reason on any of them, except I like the name Harold (I think because of baseball player Harold Baines, or maybe Harold Reynolds.) Why are all the you's in your stories named jo?

     
  • At 4/04/2006 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You saw Kermit the Frog?!? When?!? Where?!?

     
  • At 4/04/2006 11:40 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    He's in the National Museum of American History, right next to Jerry Seinfeld's poofy shirt (which you can see in the reflection). It's not easy being green, or being locked in a glass case with no operator in sight...

     
  • At 4/05/2006 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thanks for the quotation credit. i think that quote is second only to the butter cow at the 4-H convention in iowa. or perhaps amy saying "how do you like them apples" to josh. when you think about it there are just too many good quotes.

     
  • At 4/06/2006 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hate dst...how can one teeny tine hour mess up your whole life? i may need you to take more pics of stanley for me :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home