Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Back from Korea

Hey everyone (which means the 3 people who still check this since I pretty much stopped posting). I used to be in Korea; now I'm in the US. Here are pictures.

Yep, that's me. In Korea. You can tell by the Hyundai Sonata behind me. This is near my hotel.


View from my room. Seoul is HUGE. Sprawl City. And it's mostly flat, but surrounded by mountains


I'm on a playground. I wanted to get on a swing, but none of the kids would push me.


One of the few traditional-looking buildings I saw. It's a pretty new and modern city, plus I skipped most of the tourist trap/historical places.


Korean Little League Baseball. They don't take down the fences in August to make way for soccer over here. And we say baseball is America's past time. And yes I'm still bitter about the park across the street.


Neat looking building in Insadong. Not really sure what it is. Insadong is a cool artsy-ish neighborhood with antiques and galleries and tons of hip locals.


I'm told it's translated as "seuh-tah-buck-seuh - kuh-pi". I'm also told it's the only one in the world with the logo not in English. Not sure I can believe either.


This was an awesome outdoor mall thing in Insadong. You just kept spiraling up as you walked. It has loads of interesting shops.


I can neither confirm nor refute the claim.


I like this picture a lot.

7 Comments:

  • At 9/27/2006 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well I check your TOLAS and i am glad you posted pictures. I enjoyed looking at them Monty. Anything new with your life??????? ;)

     
  • At 9/27/2006 8:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that was left by kat (by the way)

     
  • At 9/28/2006 12:06 AM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Thanks for stopping by Kat! So glad to have you peek in. Um, I went to Korea. That's new. I updated my TOLAS, and made it spiffy and filled with pictures of Korea and Cap'n Crunch. I'm pretty sure you got married, cuz I was there, and that is still pretty new for you.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 2:40 PM , Blogger Chandster said...

    I like your pics. And the one at the playground looks like a spiderman web behind you. You should be spiderman. Are you spiderman?

     
  • At 10/01/2006 2:33 PM , Blogger jo portnoy said...

    yes he is.

     
  • At 10/03/2006 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The funny thing is I know 2 people who live in Korea. Go figure.

     
  • At 10/04/2006 10:36 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    I can't be both Superman AND Spiderman... Unless I use Superman as my disgise so that no one knows I'm actually Spiderman. That'd be awesome.

    Who do you know in Korea, Josh? Maybe I met them. Is one of them an Asian guy with dark hair? I might have seen him.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home