Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ranks 100 on the loser scale

So you know what I did today? I actually knocked the wind out of myself. It was really amazing. I was trying to yank duct tape off a former tornado apparatus, and as it ripped off, my pulling hand hit me hard, square under the sternum. "Oooooph" I said, and then I could say very little. I staggered around the apartment a little, but to no avail. My wind was gone. It was made worse by the fact that I was attempting to laugh at my ridiculousness, but there was no air remaining to laugh, and then I tried to laugh at that fact, but again same problem. I forgot what having the wind knocked out of you (knocking the wind out of you?) feels like. Not all that fun, except the hilarity of it all. I guess I just don't know my own strength... Or something.
I guess I won't be needing Flex Wheeler workout videos anytime soon.
Also, Flex Wheeler is a kidney transplant survivor.


2 Comments:

  • At 2/24/2006 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay, whoever stole that guy's kidney was pretty dumb. If I was a kidney thief, I'd try to attack some old lady or a sickly scrawny person. That way, if they happened to survive getting their kidney stolen, the worst I'd get is an old lady purse clobbering or a Napoleon Dynamite karate chop. But this guy is bad news.

     
  • At 2/25/2006 12:20 AM , Blogger mmm... said...

    He was actually the recipient of the kidney. I'm guessing he looked at someone and said "Give me your kidney; I need it" and it was then bestowed, as a "gift". I call not getting pounded a gift.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home