Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Stoke


My movie recommendation for the day: Step Into Liquid (2003, Color, Approx 87 minutes). In theory, this is a documentary about surfing, but it's a lot more than that. I know very little about surfing, but the movie does an awesome job of showing a broad range of the sport, from the best pros in the world attacking 60 ft* curls to a bunch of hobbyists from Texas riding waves coming off oil tankers to kids in Ireland surfing for the first time. The visuals are absolutely amazing, the music usually fits the mood well, and the interviews/stories are insightful and interesting. This is one movie that gives me a huge pick-me-up any time I watch it, and it inspires me to get excited about life in general as well as my own passions and dreams (which are not surfing). Very cool.


This is me, snarling a phat digger with some mondo junipers. Um, yeah
Not me, but I bet she wishes she could snarl diggers like me.

*60 ft = 9.1 Brads
**Also, none of the pictures are me, and though I can snarl pretty well, it certainly does not involve surfing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home