Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Your statistics, like your Kung Fu, are weak and obsolete"

I have to do some sort of statistical test for work. I've taken no fewer than 4 stats/stat heavy courses, including one at graduate level and one that should have been. And yet my statistics are as weak and obsolete as my Kung Fu. Maybe I should have paid more attention in class, or at least attempted to retain some knowledge. Psigh. (not to be confused with Psi). But that's ok, I'm gonna dive in, and become the best Binomial Tester I can be, and then I'll play around with some Chi Squareds (not to be confused with Chi Squares. Or Chai Squares. Or Chai Tea. Or Tai Chi. Or Thai food. Mmmm, Thai food.) I have no idea what I'm talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.


Oolong the Rabbit. Not to be confused with Oolong Tea. Not to be confused with Thai food. Mmmm. Thai food.

5 Comments:

  • At 1/25/2006 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That picture is slightly inaccurate. The rabbit has two pancakes on its head.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 1:22 PM , Blogger Chandster said...

    Mmmm...thai food. Mmmm Wendys. Wendys is not thai food but it's still good.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    why is the bunnie's name oolong? i have that picture too... it was circulated around my department a few months ago as a "what to say to an overly-insistent author" joke hehehe.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 6:45 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    That's what the owner named it. He has a whole website of pictures with things on Oolong's head, but the one with the pancake(s) is the best. The link points to the link. Not to be confused with a sausage link.

     
  • At 2/02/2006 5:58 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Because I know everyone cares, I figured out that binomial test, and then I did it and the answer was 29, which is pretty good. I'd rather have had like 15, but 29 is much better than like 100

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home