Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Don't Panic

Please, don't panic. This warning doesn't concern the fact that I'm posting TWICE in one day, though that is rare. Nor does it pertain to the new look of the TOLAS. It's been a full year since I've restarted TOLASing, so I figured a freshening was overdue. I also dropped the "The Sequel", since the second incarnation has lasted 3 times longer than the original.

But try not to panic when you hear this. I was in Giant on Saturday, and I saw something that scared me. Big time. Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch was on sale. Normally this would bring me joy (and lots of peanut buttery goodness). But above the sale price, in tiny little letters, were the two most terrible words that could be applied to PBC: "Discontinued Item". I was nearly floored. I've done some research, and have found no proof that this is a national thing, but I'm worried nonetheless. The Cap'n has been using the Good Ship Guppy to deliver this delectable cereal since 1969! And it's been among my favorites since 1990 or so. Are you saying that it's possible that Me and the Cap'n will no longer be able to make it happen each morning with mouthfulls of the crunchy peanut buttery quality only a Navy man can provide? I'm so mad that sentence barely makes sense! Stay tuned...

4 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2006 9:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No!!!! Peanut butter crunch will be gone? I like never buy cereal, but that was always one of my favorites. I think I liked the peanut butter crunch weasel mascot they had for awhile in the 90s... he would say like "peanutbuttercrunch!" and try to steal it. :P hehehe. I'll have to check our supermarket this weekend and see if they say anything about discontinuing it.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I say after 37 years of service, Cap'n Crunch should be promoted to Admiral, or at least Commodore. He's helped make all kinds of things happen and he deserves it.

    Maybe that's why they're discontinuing it -- to make room for Commodore Crunch.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 2:38 PM , Blogger Chandster said...

    I am seriously shocked by both this announcement of the cap'n and also by the number of "new" post.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 6:20 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Apparently the captain once was promoted to Admiral. I read it on Wikipedia, but I do vaguely remember him being promoted and wearing a snazy white uniform. But there were no worthy candidates to lead the Good Ship Guppy, so he gracefully returned to his previous post. And I remember the weasel voice; it's how I say "Peanut Butter Crunch" in my head. Long live PBC!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home