Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

High School Music

Sunshine lollipops and rainbows everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together
Brighter than a lucky penny something something something ... must rhyme with together

This song popped into my head today. For whatever reason, some of us sang it regularly in high school. I forget why, but I certainly remember how. We never really figured out the end part, so we probably just hummed it. I looked it up, but it's easier to remember my version. It was a huge accomplishment the day Michelle P remembered the second line started with "brighter than a lucky penny".

Weekend Update:
Congrats to Mary on her engagement (and thanks for an awesome engagement party, with horses and chickens and trampolines). Way to go Chris and Brad and me for our skills on the baseball field (and the soccer field, which was still the baseball field). I was the only one who was bad at frisbee, but it was because of the wind. I swear!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6/13/2007 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didn't know the lucky penny line. I remember you and Michelle P. singing this and I think I was wishing I was more included with it because I liked that song. :P hehehehe. My little brother's making a Spanish video as part of his final and I was telling him about the "me deule la cabeza" vide from sophomore year. Stuff like that makes me wish YouTube had been around back then (not like I would've had a computer to use it, but whatever :P).

     
  • At 6/13/2007 6:19 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    ME DUELE LA CABEZAAA!!!! ME DUELE LA GARGANTAAA!!!!! ME DUELE LA CABEZAAAA!!!! ME DUELE LA GARGANTAAAAA!!!!! We got a C- for that video. But the legend still lives on, so it's definitely worth it. The one Michelle F, Stacy and I made with me as a detective and Bill as a pie thief was awesome (senior year). it was actual quality. I really wish I had that one somewhere. Sorry to leave you out of singing fun songs :( Sing them now!

     
  • At 6/14/2007 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it's ok... i pretended i was involved. :P hehehe. i think i do that a lot. :P pie thief? was this the one with the car accident or a different one? rebecca and i made a cool one about an art gallery and an awkwardness-filled one with melissa carli about a birthday party (awkward because neither of us knew her very well and we were all really quiet hehe). oh wait, senior year. THAT'S why i don't remember any pie thief. i did not take honors spanish 4, and the car accident video was junior year... i took music theory and appreciation with becca instead of spanish hehehehe.

     
  • At 6/18/2007 7:37 AM , Blogger mikem said...

    My entrance music was "All the Small Things", except once where we changed it to one of the Backstreet Boys songs that was big at the time. And at the end we all danced to "All The Small Things" after Michelle had recovered her pie. Bill read his lines off a script that was in the prop pot he was holding (since he was a rival chef to Michelle). The one with you guys and Melissa was so funny, because you were all pretty quiet, and then she just goes off in Spanish.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home