Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Monday, October 02, 2006

10 million strong...

A long time ago I posted about how I am addicted to the faux orange chalky blandness of my Centrum Chewables vitamins. And so I was disappointed when I could no longer find them at Giant. I think Giant has it out for anything I like. Next thing you know they'll stop selling beef... Anyway, tonight while shopping at Giant I made my way down the vitamin aisle, and noticed a bottle that looked very similar to the one I have (which is nearly empty) except for one key difference: this one says "Centrum Kids" and has Sponge Bob, the Rugrats kid, and Dora the Explora on it. So I bought it. I brought it home and compared it side by side to my current bottle. The vitamin ingredients and doses were all the same. I opened the bottle. The tablets look the same, but multiple scents emerge from the bottle, and some of the tablets are pink and some are purple, and they each have an imprint of one of the characters from the label. So now I am going to be taking children's vitamins. If it takes Sponge Bob and Dorer the Explorer to get me to take my vitamins, at least I'm getting the minerals I need. And the part I'm most upset about is the fact that I doubt the pink and purple will be as ... good isn't the right word... um, as satisfactory as the orange ones.

And now you know why I don't TOLAS more often...

8 Comments:

  • At 10/02/2006 11:38 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

    Liked your blog, come visit me sometime!!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    kind of like how in the fruitie mentos packs the pink ones are better than the yellow and orange? hehehe.

     
  • At 10/03/2006 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i knew that felt weird... i usually sign other people's non-livejournal blogs as "colleenn" and only sign livejournal ones as februarystar27 because it's my username there and is done automatically. well now it's there and it looks weird so i had to give you another comment about how the name in my first comment looks awkward. :P

     
  • At 10/03/2006 5:22 PM , Blogger Chandster said...

    i like kids vitamins better. i used to love flintstone vitamins. oh and asprin gum. Did you ever have that? it was this cherry flavored gum that had asprin in it. i always chewed it when i had a soar throat when i was little

     
  • At 10/04/2006 10:26 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    I can delete one or both of your comments Leenn, if that'll help. Or I can be all "Who is februarystar27 and what kind of name is that?" Or I can do nothing. Your call. And the orange vitamins are definitely the best (as are the pink mentos. They're the ones that make beer foam.)

    I never liked the asprin gum. Mostly I hate medicine.

     
  • At 10/05/2006 12:50 AM , Blogger egg said...

    1) Which Rugrats kid? These things matter.

    2) Orange? Are you serious? In almost all things that's the worst: Starburst, jelly beens, Swedish fish (the multicolored kind), Betty Crocker fruit snacks (I'll take a purple Mystery Machine over an orange Scooby any day.), beer (What's up with that orange wedge they put in Blue Moon?). Red (Fruit Punch? Cherry? Whatever.) is the clear choice.

     
  • At 10/05/2006 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well, if you were going to delete one, i'd want the one with the weird name gone, but that is the comment i'd want up there, so you'd have to delete both of them and i'd have to repost my original comment under the good name. but then you'd also have to delete both this new comment and your offer to delete the previous ones so that it all makes sense. and that is just overly complicated. might as well leave it as it is. anyone who clicks on the link in my name would know my livejournal username anyway, and i doubt people ever click on those things. :P i only do it so that my name lights up blue. :P

     
  • At 10/05/2006 11:29 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    You do look cooler in blue. And more comments means more blue. It makes you bona fide, or something. "He's a suitor..."

    And Egg, I'm all for the pink mento, and the red and purple skittles, and the pink and red star bursts. But the orange centrum are so much better than the mediciney grape flavor, which is what I think they'll be. It's just the right combo of sour, bland, and chalk to be delicious. It's hard to explain and justify, but it's true. It's the main Rugrats boy... um, mikey? Charlie? oh right, Tommy. The cool one.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home