Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm smarter than I think; that's why I should listen to myself

So I bought a laptop. Then before I got it, it disappeared. I nearly bought another laptop, but I didn't (that was me listening to myself, which I'm super glad I did). Then the laptop I bought came back, kind of. Now it's on the way to me, in theory. So maybe I'll have the laptop that I may or may not have bought.

Moral of the story: eBay drives me nuts like few other things, which I knew going in (this was my first real eBay purchase). I should have listened to myself, and then been better prepared mentally for the ebbs and flows of the merciless master that is online auctions.
Other moral: Maybe I'll soon have a laptop.
Fake moral: then I found $5.

7 Comments:

  • At 10/17/2006 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so do u have the laptop? and why'd u buy a laptop if u just bought ur uber cool - huge hole in it - compy? so u can have something portable and small? like dear sweet tibby? :) cc

     
  • At 10/18/2006 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so what you're saying is that the real moral of the story is that people incorrectly use the word moral to apply to various musings rather than something to be learned...

    Oh, and laptops ROCK!

     
  • At 10/18/2006 11:20 PM , Blogger Renee said...

    No, Kendi. The real moral of the story is that the word moral is a spoonerism of the word molar.

    *sigh* You'd think a certified Storyteller would know about morals.

     
  • At 10/18/2006 11:20 PM , Blogger Renee said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 1:51 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Seriously, where were you on that one Kendi... You would have missed that one if it jumped up and bit you.

     
  • At 10/21/2006 3:31 PM , Blogger jo portnoy said...

    MO are you a Man-in-black?

     
  • At 10/23/2006 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is of moral certainty that a certified storyteller would know such things and in turn feel morally obligated to express the moral of this tale, which is that people relying upon common misusage to define terms such as moral and spoonerism in turn misuse the words. For example, a spoonerism is the transposition of syllables or sounds betwixt two or more words such a not of two syllables within one word or misspellings of words due to transpositions of letters within one word.

    As my certification has lapsed, I’ll simply say in the tradition of William Spooner that this is the tail of the whale for your whale of a tale.

    You're just jealous that you never got to hear me tell a story...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home