Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Various Musings

Major accomplishment of the week: I rekeyed a lock. I'm cooking on the locksmithing work now. It was hard (I'm pretty sure it was mechanical failure rather than operator failure), but I was able to make a lock work for a different key. Pretty cool. I also made a duplicate of our apartment key, which is exciting too. It worked pretty good, then I tried to fix it and it works less good now, but it does work. I might have to find a way to add a smidgen of material...

A new person is moving in down the hall from me. The nametag on the door: David Matthews. What happens if I'm walking down the hall, minding my own business, and then WHAM! I crash into him, yeah? And then he falls, and Will Cooper and Bill Greer walk by and fall over him, he'll be tripping Billies. If he leaves crumbs from his lunch around, he might see the ants marching. He's new to the 6th floor, so he probably doesn't know that the fountain tastes all chorinate, so I'll have to tell him don't drink the water. Yes, I'm crazy, and this is going to drive me nuts, and then I will proceed to drive everyone around me nuts. Alreadym every time I walk by his office, I hum "Sat-e-llite (doo doo dooo do do)". And if he hears me each and every time, there's no way he'll want to stay for a while...

Why did the NYT bother having AO Scott review Man of the Year? I'm pretty sure I could have written the same review, and I've never even seen the movie. Scott's usual razor-sharp wit seemed dulled a bit by the obvious stupidity of the movie, although he does take the time to peg Christopher Walken quite accurately. It's like bringing in Pedro Martinez to intentionally walk a batter... Save him for a movie where there's actually something to say that we don't know already...


I'm actually not a big Dave Matthews fan, so maybe David will be cooler

6 Comments:

  • At 10/15/2006 12:34 PM , Blogger Renee said...

    Maybe A.O. Scott just didn't have that much in the way of other things to do this week except watch movies -- for Friday's edition, he also reviewed Deliver Us From Evil, Infamous, Marie Antoinette, and Tideland.

    Also, I've decided to be glad that I have *no idea* what you're saying in the second paragraph about your new officemate.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 4:03 PM , Blogger Chandster said...

    Okay so this is one of my all time favorite post of yours. Here's the funny part though. I was reading the blogs I read and I was reading yours but I thought I was reading jen's and I thought, gee this doesn't read like Jen. Although it's really funny it sounds like Monty. Good job and keeping singing Satelite.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not a Dave Matthews fan at all, so any song-related jokes you made in this post (and I bet you made a whole bunch of bad ones) have blissfully failed to entertain me.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 10:03 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Good, you deserve it for being anonymous. You're missing some great entertainment.

     
  • At 10/18/2006 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    and if he hears someone humming "satellite" as he walks by and he gets angry and asks you "'what you you say' if i accused you of mocking my name" you'd have to tell him "i did it, guilty as charged." :P

    i also am not a big dave matthews fan. the general holy cross population was addicted to him though, but i noticed more of that freshman year and it seemed to fade off as the years went by.

     
  • At 10/24/2006 7:02 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Leennie, your Dave Matthews knowledge beats mine. I don't know that one. Rather than bow to your knowledge, however, I'll take the opportunity to mock you. MOCK! I guess all the DMB at HC rubbed off on YOU. Ok, that's all I got. Weak effort. I'll just do a little bow to superiority and shuffle off quietly now...

    ::bow::
    ::shuffle::

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home