Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Random link of the day

http://roastaturkey.com/

Not sure why this causes me as much pleasure as it does, but it does. Maybe because the concept is so simple, and there seems like there should be more to it, yet there isn't. As of now, I've cooked turkeys to 11%, 158%, 66% and 86%. I only stopped the 158% one because steam/smoke was coming out. I'm not very good, but I also wasn't trying very hard. Tonight, I roast two turkeys all night. C'mon 800% cooked!

PS Rob got 93% first try. He's much better than me. He also cooked his at a reasonable temperature, unlike me.

Mmmm, delicious crayon turkey...
















Update:
You can view my latest and greatest culinary creation here. Just like Julia Child would make... Man, I love Julia Child. One time she was cooking a Napoleonic Era high class French meal, and to be authentic she used a sabre to cut the fowl she cooked. So great. In a modern day twist, to be successful I need a hacksaw to cut the fowl I cooked. Or a chainsaw. Or maybe a plasma saw.

6 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2006 10:17 AM , Blogger tiffanie said...

    do i seriously have to leave this website up and "cooking" for like 3 hours?

     
  • At 11/29/2006 6:59 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    try it and find out. That's what I did.

     
  • At 11/29/2006 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome. I'm going to try 475 degrees for an entire week. Maybe I'll cause a nuclear explosion.

     
  • At 11/30/2006 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    first i got 2% done. then i started over, waited 3 hours, and it was 117%. where's the little pop-up timer? this is totally unrealistic. i'm SUCH a good cook normally.

     
  • At 12/01/2006 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The lack of taste-based feedback is disappointing.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    29588%. Yes!
    http://roastaturkey.com/#a7f5419a

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home