Thoughts on Life and Stuff (TOLAS)

Random in both frequency and topic, this is my life. Sort of.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Run of the mill

I did 8 loads of laundry in 2 days. That should cover me for a bit. Remember, I have a pretty small washer, but 8 does seem like a bit much. The fungus on my pants tipped me off that maybe it was time.

I went to the barber today. It's been more than two months, and I was starting to look like a hippie, like David. But my last haircut was awful, and I just needed to find a new, real barber that wasn't a Vietnamese lady trained on the job (I think was like the 3rd customer for one lady. She really needed to work on "The Barber's Touch" as well as "The Cutting of Hair Evenly"). In my life, I've had 5 good barbers: Joe, Tony, Ron, Tony, and Joe. I looked in the phone book, but I didn't find a single Joe or Tony. The next best thing was Pete. Pete did a great job. He's fast, efficient, did what I asked for, and had "The Touch" down (not to be confused with "The Touchdown"). He left hair in my eyes for a little too long, and I could have used a spray down, but otherwise he was just what I was looking for. He cleared out my 2-month-old hack job with skill and efficiency, talked just enough, and cost only $12. Thanks Pete! Random side note: Pete's last name is Xerxes, which was my first screen name on AOL 12 years ago.

Chocolate Pop Rocks say on the back, "Store in a cool, dry place". Unfortunately, this doesn't mean if you put them in a hot dry place (say, in the flame of a lighter) that they combust in any notable fashion. They just melt. Ah well. Guess I need more ping pong balls. Thanks to Amanda for providing the Christmas presents necessary to try this.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 12/06/2006 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So you were one of those people who had the internet before high school? :P blah. I didn't have a puter in the house till right around when the science fair project was due freshman year, and that was a secondhand Apple IIe we got for free. Then we got our "real" computer Christmas of my sophomore year, but it wasn't connected to the internet for a good year after that, and I didn't get AIM till spring of 1999. :P So I didn't get any non-number-containing screenname. :P Would your old account still work if you wanted it to? I've always been jealous of the no-numbers-in-screenname crowd. :P

     
  • At 12/06/2006 10:15 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Yep, I was on the interweb back in 8th grade. We had an Apple IIe until I was in 6th grade, then we got a 486 DX/2.

    I was actually Xerxes3344. And no, it doesn't work anymore. I know a ton of people who have had to change their screennames of 10 years because their parents just canceled AOL. We only had AOL for a year, then I stopped chatting till junior year, when I became a chat fiend. To my shame.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 1:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Xsfmzyn has no numbers in it. It's also the word in the CAPTCHA.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    man, you folks are young. but i was and am still the original Tiffkin, of the AOL variety - no numbers, circa 1997. my senior year of high school.

     
  • At 12/08/2006 2:53 PM , Blogger mmm... said...

    Go you, Tiffkin. I'm the only OOMonty. And rightfully so.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home